JL-JLU Rear Bumper Trail Skirt
- Completly covers the bottom flange of the body that is exposed from removing the factory bumper
- Mounts direclty to the body so it works with all aftermarket bumpers
- Fits Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU
- Built from .190" 5052 aluminum
- CNC cut using a waterjet for a premium finished edge and fitment
- Formed with custom built tooling to contour to the body
- Powder coat ready
- Inspected for precision fit and finish to Nemesis's high standards
- Aligns to factory holes for installation
BEHIND THE DESIGN
After designing our first bumper for the JL we were not happy with how the pinch seam of the body below the tailgate stood out behind the bumper. We originally thought about changing our bumpers to come up higher, more like the factory but that would have further limited the size tire you could put on the carrier. We decided that the best route would be to make a trim piece that would completely cover the area. This design would help protect the lower portion of the body and give owners another way to customize the look of their Jeep. By keeping the Trail Skirt independent from the bumper and directly attaching it to the body we are able to offer this product to customers with any aftermarket bumper not just ours.
The development of this product was not straightforward, the main hurdle was that the back corners of the Jeep have a radius that does not fit traditional tooling. Of course we could have used a step break process but that would have given a choppy look to the part. We wanted to maintain the curvature to the best of our ability so we spent the time to manufacture our own tooling for the press which allows us to precisely contour the piece to the body in a single hit so the part maintains a smooth arc around the corner.
The use of factory holes allows for a simple alignment while the majority of the install is handled using through bolts that are accessed by removing the tool tray from the cargo area. There are a few holes that do require the installation of nutserts however, these are installed at the end so there is little chance of misalignment.
The Trail skirt is a great addition for any JL owner looking to clean up the back of their Wrangler.
- Currently we are unaware of any compatibility issues with this product
- If you have questions about fitment with your specific build please contact us at [email protected]
Specialty Tools Required to Complete the Installation
- Nutsert tool with a ¼” - 20 mandrel (Available under the tools section of the website)
- “W” size drill bit (Available under the tools section of the website)
- See – MORE INFORMATION – located above, for detailed product specifications
- See – INSTALL INSTRUCTION DOWNLOAD – located above, to download detailed instructions for this product
CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD DETAILED INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
If you run into any difficulty, or have questions about your install, please contact us at 303-974-2440 or by email [email protected]
Part Name: JL - JLU Trail Skirt
Covers Part #'s 142500, 142501, 142502
|Install Time (Hours)||2.5|
|Install Difficulty||Level 3: Moderate - This difficulty level requires mechanics tools to install and may require drilling and or cutting. Specialized tools and removal of factory components may be required to complete the installation.|
|Weight Installed||4 Lbs.|
|Prop 65 Warning|